Tuesday 7 February 2012

29 Faces ~ Day 7

Ok, here's a sketch that I like.

We had a cardinal that hung out in the back, near the parking lot, all summer.  He enjoyed sitting on the top of the fence, watching rabbits that came out in the evening to eat weeds and small plants.

The bird is no longer with us, but I like to think that he lived out his life and had fun in the semi-wilds of the back train property.

Note:  Some comments may not show up because they don't appear in the comments thing or because blogspot eats them.  When I figure out why, I'll fix it.  :D

9 comments:

  1. This is super, great sketch!

    Thanks for stopping by my place!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your animal face sketches are great! We have cardinals come to visit often - even a few this winter - and I always love seeing them! Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sketch! sounds like a beautiful scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice story and such a cute face, I love him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful faces of nature's creatures you've been sketching. We like to think that a cardinal that visits my brother regularly is actually my Dad (smile)...he always said he'd come back as a bird if he could ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, makes me want to check out an aviary - love birds (never to eat, just to watch) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really captured the shape of the cardinals head! a difficult bird, but very fun to draw :D excellent work!

    ReplyDelete