Friday 3 February 2012

29 Faces Day 3

I've never encountered a panda outside a zoo, but maybe one day I will.  It's a shame that animals are in zoos, but they appear to be safer places than remaining natural habitats, for various reasons.

Maybe this panda cub didn't want her pic taken, or maybe she wanted to eat some bamboo.  Do pandas attack cameras?  I've seen the footage of polar bears attacking (or playing?) with remote cameras.

Wait, this post was supposed to be about panda bears, not polar bears!  Ooops ...


12 comments:

  1. Aaaaah what a fantastic idea, animal faces and such lovely drawings too. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your panda cub is beautiful... gorgeous shading and lovely drawing...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked at your other pieces too...and I love the dog!! The excited anticipation in his expression is fabulous :D You are getting fabulous detail in these animal studies :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm sketching them on fine, handmade paper and trying to do them fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute - love how you are doing animal faces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Panda is one cute little bear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read that polar bears are quite vicious. I don't know if Pandas are, but they sure look cuddly and mild mannered. This one is certainly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melisa,

    Yeah, I've heard that about polar bears too. A friend of mine lived in Nunavut for two years and she said they were to be feared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thik this one is my favorite but i love all your faces! Congrats on the ety finds!!!

    ReplyDelete