Thursday 2 February 2012

29 Faces - Day 2

I decided to do the face sketch first thing this morning and ended up doing a red tailed hawk.  Growing up on a farm out in the county, I got to see lots of hawks and cranes in their natural habitat.

 One thing I have to learn to do is put some weight down on the scanner so that the whole page is scanned evenly.

Not sure what anyone else thinks of this one, but I think I could turn it into a stylized stencil.  I'm seeing some cool shapes within it.


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketch! I see these here all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I'm in the city, so I don't see them too often anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also live in the country and see them daily, lovely!! great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing face! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great drawing! thank you for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the eyes especially - great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you're doing animal faces, and this one is my favorite of the first three. It really captures the spirit of that great bird.
    Would make a terrific stencil.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Rinda! I'm thinking about turning them into vector drawings to make stencils. We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete